About Steve Loven
This scholarship honors Steve Loven, an ICAN founder whose professional career was dedicated to promoting financial aid and college planning success for Iowa students and the school counseling profession on many levels. Over the past 30 years, his work included being the Financial Aid Director at AIB College of Business and Des Moines Area Community College. Steve joined the Iowa College Access Network in 1999. As a founding member of the ICAN team, Steve has worked tirelessly for 15 years, greatly contributing to the success and significant contributions ICAN makes each year in 99% of Iowa high schools.
This scholarship is designed to recognize students who will be attending a two- or four-year institution in Iowa and have worked to prepare for their post-high school endeavors through career and college readiness programs with both their school counselor and the Iowa College Access Network.
- Two $250 one-time scholarships
- Iowa high school seniors graduating in 2017
- Attending a two- or four-year institution in Iowa beginning in Fall 2017.
- Due March 1, 2017
- To submit your application, complete the form below.
Submit an essay outlining:
- How the Iowa College Access Network (ICAN) helped prepare them for their post-high school endeavors.
- Describe how their school counselor promoted a culture of college and career readiness at their school.
- The school counselor must be mentioned by name, and examples of school counseling excellence and a positive perception of a college-going culture should be provided.
Deadlines and Award Details
Applications were due March 1, 2017, and should be submitted using the form below. Awards will be made by May 30, 2017. Student awards will be made directly to the financial aid department of the selected institution.