FAFSA Ready Iowa
FAFSA Ready Iowa is an initiative promoting the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the unlocking of millions of dollars in grants and scholarships for Iowa students.
- Nationally more than $2.8 billion in grants and scholarships went unclaimed in 2015-16
- Iowans left nearly $25 million in grants and scholarships by not completing the FAFSA
- Iowa's FAFSA completion rate averages around 63 percent.
- We can do better. And we will.
FAFSA Ready Iowa aims to increase FAFSA completion in Iowa to 70% by 2025.
Data shows that students have an 85% chance of being awarded financial aid by simply completing the FAFSA form. Students are being called to seek additional education and training beyond high school, but for many, paying for college is a barrier. To increase the number of Iowans with education and training beyond high school, we have to help them pay for it.
ICAN, the sponsor of FAFSA Ready Iowa, operates 10 student success centers statewide offering FREE FAFSA completion assistance. FAFSA Ready Iowa will hold more than 60 FAFSA completion events in 43 locations across 33 Iowa cities. New events are continually being schedule. Through partnerships with school districts, community-based nonprofit organizations, colleges, and businesses, ICAN will train and equip more resources to help Iowans complete this important task in paying for post-high school education or training
FAFSA Event Details
- Events run from October 1, 2017 - March 15, 2018
- No appointments necessary, just bring your FAFSA documents (list of what to bring)
- Sign-up for Event Email Reminders
- FSA ID - You need to setup an FSA ID username and password. Visit www.ICANsucceed.org/fsaid for more information.