Golden Circle College & Career Fair
Students of all ages are encouraged to visit the annual Golden Circle College and Career Fair. Whether you're a freshmen or sophomore just starting to explore career options, or a junior or senior narrowing your list of college choices, Golden Circle College & Career Fair is the perfect opportunity for you to gather knowledge, make connections, and begin to make informed decisions about your future.
2018 Fair Highlights
More than 2,000 students and parents attended the 2018 fair with more than 130 colleges, universities, and businesses from 20 states exhibiting.
- College and University Representation. As the largest college fair in Iowa, Golden Circle offers the most diverse list of exhibiting colleges and universities.
- Student Support & Career Planning Organizations. In addition to colleges and universities, Golden Circle has a section of exhibitors that specialize in college and career planning, college financial aid planning, as well as academic and student support. Learn about services that can help students plan for and succeed in college and career.
- Business & Industry. Representatives from business & industry will be on hand to discuss career fields and employment expectations with students looking toward future careers. Students can ask questions and learn about the future of industries that interest them, including the education and training required for employment.
- Breakout Sessions. Take the opportunity to listen in a free break-out session on topics like emerging industry, Iowa job growth, career planning, college selection, employer expectations, and the financial aid process.Sessions will be held throughout the event in the Conference Center on the second floor of the Activities Center. Click here for a list of breakout sessions. for a list of breakout sessions.
- Career Clusters & Assessments. Learn about emerging career fields and the education required by visiting with business & industry at the Career Cluster booths. Career Clusters group careers with common features, helping students align interests with potential careers. Learn more about Career Clusters.
- Directions & Parking. Parking at the Iowa Center for Higher Education is free. Click here for directions.
- Students - Get Your Barcode. Golden Circle is automated, meaning exhibitors will have scanners to take down prospective student information. Students could register online and bring a barcode to the fair. Any college that piques their interest can scan the barcode directly from a smart phone or from a printed copy you brought to the fair. No more filling out information cards, one scan and the colleges will send you additional information on their institution. Register here.