Plan for the Future, Invest in the Future.
As an ICAN supporter you can change a life. Every day, ICAN advisors work with Iowa students, empowering them to achieve lifelong success through education, training, and informed decision-making. ICAN supporters not only make dreams come true; they help create a more viable and productive workforce, boosting the economy of local communities across the state of Iowa.
Generous financial support from individuals, businesses, and organizations ensures that the work to change the future, create a more educated and skilled workforce and build a stronger economy is carried out.
Did you know?
Ninety percent of the fastest growing careers require post-secondary education or training.
More than 1 million students fail to graduate from high school each year.
The jobless rate for college graduates is 2.2% vs. 5.4% for those with only a high school education.
The US needs 800,000 more college graduates each year to compete with top-performing nations.
How Can You Help?
Learn about giving opportunities. Every dollar helps.
- $8 places a full set of printed resource guides in the hands of one student.
- $50 funds a one-on-one appointment with a student and parent to fill out financial aid forms for college.
- $150 provides a full set of printed resource guides for a classroom of 22 students.
- $250 arms a roomful of Iowa families with the facts to help them apply for financial aid.
- $500 brings a community-based FAFSA completion event for high school seniors to a district.
- $750 fully supports one student with ICAN services from eighth grade through college graduation.
- $1,000 supports one high school with college planning and financial aid presentations.
- $5,000 provides an entire district with classroom-based presentations for all students.
- $12,000 provides a year of weekly video tips and reminders to about 12,000 college-bound students and their parents.
- $15,000 provides one year of online tools and support that can be accessed from anywhere in the world for students.