Plan for the Future, Invest in the Future.
As an ICAN supporter you can change a life. Every day, ICAN advisors work with Iowa students, empowering them to achieve lifelong success through education, training, and informed decision-making. ICAN supporters not only make dreams come true; they help create a more viable and productive workforce, boosting the economy of local communities across the state of Iowa.
Generous financial support from individuals, businesses, and organizations ensures that the work to change the future, create a more educated and skilled workforce and build a stronger economy is carried out.
Did you know?
Ninety percent of the fastest growing careers require post-secondary education or training.
More than 1 million students fail to graduate from high school each year.
The jobless rate for college graduates is 2.2% vs. 5.4% for those with only a high school education.
The US needs 800,000 more college graduates each year to compete with top-performing nations.
How Can You Help?
Learn about giving opportunities. Every dollar helps.
- $8 places a full set of printed resource guides in the hands of one student.
- $45 funds a one-on-one appointment with a student and parent to fill out financial aid forms for college.
- $250 provides a full set of printed resource guides for a classroom of 22 students.
- $375 fully supports one student with ICAN services from eighth grade through college graduation.
- $500 arms a roomful of Iowa families with the facts to help them apply for financial aid.
- $1,000 supports one high school with college planning and financial aid presentations.
- $5,000 provides in-class money management presentations to all seniors in a high school, along with an informational meeting for parents.
- $12,000 provides a year of electronic newsletters and reminders to about 9,000 college-bound students and their parents.
- $15,000 provides one year of online tools and support that can be accessed from anywhere in the world for students.