Ways to Give
You can help ICAN achieve its mission of helping Iowa students in a number of ways. Select the option the best fits your financial plans or contact our development team at email@example.com or at (515) 402-4200 to discuss your options.
Making a Difference
Every dollar helps.
- $8 places a full set of printed resource guides in the hands of one student.
- $50 funds a one-on-one appointment with a student and parent to fill out financial aid forms for college.
- $150 provides a full set of printed resource guides for a classroom of 22 students.
- $250 arms a roomful of Iowa families with the facts to help them apply for financial aid.
- $500 brings a community-based FAFSA completion event for high school seniors to a district.
- $750 fully supports one student with ICAN services from eighth grade through college graduation.
- $1,000 supports one high school with college planning and financial aid presentations.
- $5,000 provides an entire district with classroom-based presentations for all students.
- $12,000 provides a year of weekly video tips and reminders to about 12,000 college-bound students and their parents.
- $15,000 provides one year of online tools and support that can be accessed from anywhere in the world for students.
Select an Amount:
Your donation could be tax deductible.
Online Gift Receipt
After you make your gift online, you will receive an email from ICAN confirming your gift. Approximately one to two weeks after making your gift, you will be mailed a tax receipt from ICAN.
Online Gift Privacy and Security
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our donors. The Iowa College Access Network works with PayPal, a secure online site, which encrypts your private information, including credit card numbers, for your protection. All your information is encrypted so it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. We do not store credit card number information.
Birdies for Charity is a fundraising program designed to give participants an opportunity to generate contributions based on the number of "birdies" made by Champions Tour players during The Principal Charity Classic®. Since 2007, The Principal Charity Classic has distributed over $7.7 million to local Iowa children. ICAN has joined the list of area children's programs participating in the fundraising efforts of Birdies for Charity. As a participating charity, ICAN will receive 100% of EVERY DONATION collected on our behalf! In addition, 10% of every donation is matched by Birdies for Charity.
To provide a gift by check or cash, simply drop by your local ICAN office, or drop your donation into the mail and send it to:
c/o Annual Fund
1770 Boyson Road
Hiawatha, IA 52302
Approximately one to two weeks after making your gift, you will be mailed a tax receipt from ICAN. To receive this receipt please include the following information with your gift:
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. To find out if your employer practices, check with your Human Resources department. When completing your employer match information, the ICAN contact should be listed as:
Director of Communications
Annual giving supports daily activities of ICAN and provides many of the resources used to assist students with future planning. Contact us today to setup your annual gift.
You may designate your gift for a special event or project with the ICAN mission, or even support a specific school or district. Contact us today to discuss the details of your gift..
To learn more about ICAN partnerships and sponsorship opportunities, contact Erick Danielson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (515) 402-4203.
ICAN partnerships are open to any individual or organization who wishes to take an active role in developing a skilled workforce for Iowa communities. Click here to learn more.
ICAN Sponsorships offer exceptional opportunities for businesses and groups to show affiliation and support of a trusted source for college information. Sponsorships position your name and logo directly in the hands of a target audience who will be seeking new ways to finance a child’s education and prepare that student for college.
Why ICAN Sponsorship?
- 99% saturation of all high schools in the state of Iowa
- 300,000 customers served annually through a variety of methods
- 1,200 presentations in Iowa high schools
- Position your company or group name and logo with a trusted source for college information
- Prove commitment to youth and education
- Reach the hands of parents and students at college fairs, community presentations and during counselor visits in individual high schols throughout the state.
- ICAN brand: strong and trusted among college access professionals, student and parents
- Our sponsors gain value from association with ICAN and our mission to empower Iowans to achieve their educational and career goals through statewide comprehensive outreach, initiatives and partnerships with schools, groups and businesses.
Community Opportunities with ICAN
Show your community how you support local students! To target your reach to a specific audience, consider one of the following opportunities.
- Golden Circle College Fair the largest and most established fair in the state of Iowa
- Presentations in communities and schools across the state of Iowa
- Fill out the FAFSA Form Day for one or more locations across Iowa
Statewide Opportunities with ICAN
Extend your reach throughout Iowa and touch the students of 98% of schools state wide. Consider one of the following opportunities.
ICAN has five core programs available for sponsorship. Sponsorship includes all presentations and publications within program statewide.
- Freshman Transitions (8th grade & freshmen)
- Career and College Planning (sophomores, juniors & parents)
- Financial Literacy (juniors & seniors)
- How to Pay for College: Understanding the Financial Aid Process (juniors/seniors & parents)
- College Preparation & Success (seniors)
- Career and College Planning Guide – distribution 37,000
- Financial Aid Guide – distribution 26,000
- Freshman Transitions Guide - distribution 30,000
- Student College Planning Calendar – distribution 56,000
E-Alerts & Tips:
- ICAN Tip of the Week (high school students and parents, school counselors)
- Senior Alerts - (high school students and parents)
- August - March - 15,000 average monthly hits
- April - July - 7,000 average monthly hits
ICAN sponsorships can be custom designed to meet the needs of your business or group.