Back on Track Counselor Summit 2021 - Kick-Off to Career & College Readiness
The unprecedented challenges in Fall of 2020 delayed or derailed many high school students’ plans for college and career. Admission application totals were down. FAFSA completion was down. With an uncertain future, many students and parents delayed decisions or stopped planning at all. While herculean efforts from many have closed these gaps, ICAN is committed to preventing a repeat this Fall.
To ensure a smooth transition into the new academic year ICAN presents “Back on Track,” a series of interactive, virtual events, online resources and e-alerts to provide all high school students, particularly the Class of 2022, with a clear picture of both the tasks and timelines ahead of them. For counselors the "Back on Track" campaign will focus on providing the most up-to-date college planning tools, resources, and information to aid in your work with students.
School Counselor Virtual Summit
Join us for a virtual summit and get all the college info you need to help your students plan for the future this academic year. The summit will feature hot button and top of mind sessions and interactive panel discussions involving Iowa colleges.
- Opening Session – Career & College Readiness in 2021-2022
- Admission Criteria (ACT/SAT, RAI Score and more)
- Iowa Private Colleges – what you need to know panel discussion
- Career & Technical Education/Transferring in Iowa
- College Credit in High School – the college perspective
- FAFSA Ready Iowa – New Strategies in FAFSA Completion
- Closing Panel Discussion with colleges
All sessions are interactive with a panel of presenters.
The Virtual Summit is free for Iowa school counselors to attend and will be held twice with recordings available after the second session. Pick the session that works best for you below.
- Monday, August 9 – 1-5 pm
- Wednesday, September 8 – 1-5 pm
New School Counselor Bootcamp – This free add-on event to the school counselor summit will provide a step-by-step guide to those counselors brand new to the profession, outlining the role school counselors have in the career and college readiness process for high school students. This event is jointly presented between ICAN and the Iowa School Counselor Association (ISCA) and will feature a panel discussion enabling colleges and counselors to discuss and build relationships that highlight this important role.
- Thursday, September 9 from 3:30-5 pm – Register
(back to top) Coming Soon
- Student Event Poster
- Student Event Flier
- Email Template - Freshman Event
- Email Template - Sophomore Event
- Email Template - Junior Event
- Email Template - Senior Event
- Social Media Posts
- Website Graphic
- Newsletter Article or Website Posting
(back to top)
Here are resources to guide and enhance your career and college readiness work with students.
- ICAN/ISCA School Counselor Career and College Readiness Guide
- ISCA/ICAN Webinar Series
- ICAN Financial Aid Certification Series
- ICAN Counselor Alerts
Resources to use with students
- ICAN Videos
- ICAN Materials Library
- ICAN Senior Alerts/E-Alerts/Tip of the Week