As a high school student, you hear a lot of advice about what it takes to be successful.
- Get involved in different activities.
- Plan for the future.
- Achieve high grades.
- Challenge yourself with harder classes.
- Be responsible.
- Study hard.
- Go out and have some fun.
- Earn some money.
So how do you manage those all at the same time? The key is balance. Think of ways to work some of these ideas in with others. For example:
- To balance classes, take some courses that you know you can get high grades in, a couple of harder classes that will challenge you, and one or two electives that let you explore new options each year.
- To balance activities, get involved in different organizations that let you have some fun and give you opportunities to be a leader and work as a team.
- To balance the present with the future, take a part-time job that helps you earn money for the future, shows that you're responsible and gives you experience you can use later.
Success in high school leads to success later in life, whether you choose to continue your education or pursue a career. Find the balance that works for you to start achieving success now.