You might choose to go to graduate school after getting a four-year degree for one of two reasons:
- You want advanced knowledge that can be used in your career field (like getting a master's in business to earn a higher starting salary).
- Your career requires skills or knowledge not available in an undergraduate program (like becoming a psychologist).
Whichever the case, remember that:
- College costs (and your potential debt level) will continue to build up.
- You likely will not be earning a full-time salary and attending school full-time.
- Graduate school will probably be more demanding in academics and practical experiences than your undergraduate program.