FAFSA Ready Iowa
- Nationally more than $2.8 billion in grants and scholarships goes unclaimed
- Iowans left nearly $25 million in grants and scholarships by not completing the FAFSA
- Iowa's FAFSA completion rate averages around 63 percent.
- We can do better. And we will.
FAFSA Ready Iowa aims to increase FAFSA completion in Iowa to 70% by 2025.
Data shows that students have an 85% chance of being awarded financial aid by simply completing the FAFSA form. Students are being called to seek additional education and training beyond high school, but for many, paying for college is a barrier. To increase the number of Iowans with education and training beyond high school, we have to help them pay for it.
Through the FAFSA Ready Iowa, ICAN coordinates FAFSA completion events and services across Iowa. Events are provided through partnerships with school districts, community-based nonprofit organizations, colleges, businesses, and community foundations.
Whether in an ICAN office with an ICAN Student Success Advisor, or at a community- or school-based event staffed by ICAN-trained volunteers, the FAFSA Ready Iowa initiative strives to provide FAFSA completion assistance to any Iowan who needs help with this important task in paying for post-high school education or training. ICAN also provides training certification for event volunteers, increasing the number of career and college readiness professionals available to assist throughout the state.
FAFSA Event Details
- Events run from October 1, 2020 - March 30, 2021
- Events vary from walk-ins to appointments. Review the event listing below to find an event near you.
- Come prepared. A professional will provide assistance as long as students and parents bring the correct documents (list of what to bring)
- Sign-up for Event Email Reminders
- FSA ID - You need to setup an FSA ID username and password. Visit www.ICANsucceed.org/fsaid for more information.