FAFSA Ready Iowa
FAFSA Ready Iowa aims to increase FAFSA completion for Iowa high school seniors to 60%
Data shows that students have an 85% chance of being awarded financial aid by simply completing the FAFSA form. Students are being called to seek additional education and training beyond high school, but for many, paying for college is a barrier. To increase the number of Iowans with education and training beyond high school, we have to help them pay for it.
Through the FAFSA Ready Iowa, ICAN coordinates FAFSA completion events and services across Iowa. Events are provided through partnerships with school districts, community-based nonprofit organizations, colleges, businesses, and community foundations.
Whether in an ICAN office with an ICAN Student Success Advisor, at a community- or school-based event staffed by ICAN-trained volunteers, or through a virtual event online, FAFSA Ready Iowa strives to provide FAFSA completion assistance to any Iowan who needs help with paying for post-high school education or training. ICAN also provides training certification for event volunteers, increasing the number of career and college readiness professionals available to assist throughout the state.
Get FAFSA Assistance
- FAFSA Ready Iowa events run from January - March.
- Find an event near you or work with an ICAN advisor. Events vary from walk-ins to appointments. View event schedule to find an event near you.
- Come prepared. A professional will provide assistance as long as students and parents bring the correct documents (list of what to bring)
- Sign-up for ICAN's Senior Alerts to get event and other senior year reminders
- Sign up for the Virtual College Coach text service
- FSA ID - You need to setup an FSA ID username and password. Visit www.ICANsucceed.org/fsaid for more information.
High school counselors, higher education professionals, and business and community members can all take part in FAFSA Ready Iowa.
- Host a FAFSA completion event at your school - Contact Erick Danielson
- Volunteer at an Event
- Take part in FAFSA training
- Spread the word in your community