What are the Steps to Create an FSA ID?
- Go to www.studentaid.gov and click on "Create an Account"
- Scroll down and click on "Get Started"
- Enter your name, date of birth and social security number. Make sure this information matches your social security card
- Create a username, and password and enter your email. ATTENTION STUDENTS: DO NOT use your high school email address, as it may not be active after you graduate
- Enter your home address and mobile phone. Select "Yes, I want to use my phone for account access"
- Select 4 challenge questions from the drop-down menus
- Review the information you've entered
- Complete the 2-step verification using your mobile phone and email
Starting during the 2024-25 FAFSA, your FSA ID will need to be verified before you can access the FAFSA application. Once the Social Security Administration verifies your information in one to three days, you will have full access to www.studentaid.gov. For help, visit StudentAid.gov/fsaid.