What are the Steps to Create an FSA ID?
- Go to www.studentaid.gov and click on "Create an Account"
- Scroll down and click on "Get Started"
- Enter your name, date of birth and social security number. Make sure this information matches your social security card
- Create a username, and password and enter your email. ATTENTION STUDENTS: DO NOT use your high school email address, as it may not be active after you graduate
- Enter your home address and mobile phone. Select "Yes, I want to use my phone for account access"
- Select 4 challenge questions from the drop-down menus
- Review the information you've entered
- Complete the 2-step verification using your mobile phone and email
You can use your FSA ID to sign a FAFSA right away. Once the Social Security Administration verifies your information in one to three days, you will have full access to www.studentaid.gov. For help, visit StudentAid.gov/fsaid.