Understanding the Financial Aid Process
The goal of the Financial Aid Program is to help high school seniors and their parent/guardian understand the process of applying for financial aid and scholarships, offer effective tools for college cost comparisons, and learn how they can access additional help. The following topics are covered during the presentation.
- Financial Aid Process
- FAFSA Application Review
- Understanding the Results
- Understanding Costs - College Comparisons
- Aid Options
- Scholarship Process
- Where to Go for Help
This program is designed for both small classroom (20-35 students) and large auditorium presentations.
- Audience: Juniors and their parents
- Time of Year: Mid-February - May
- Length: 60 – 75 minutes
- Materials: How to Pay for College: Understanding the Financial Aid Process Guide