ICAN's relationship with Iowa's school counselors is one of the main reasons for its success in helping students create a plan for their future. Over the years the Advisory Council has played a large part in that success, bringing counselors and higher education professionals rom across the state together to discuss new developments in the field of college access and how to best address the needs of the students.
Advisory members meet each year through webinars and an annual meeting to discuss:
- Ways that ICAN can better serve students.
- Content of ICAN presentations and materials.
- Innovative programs to increase success in education for all students.
- Pressing Issues facing counselors and students today.
The ICAN Advisory Council met on February 27, 2018, in Ankeny.
The next meeting is scheduled for spring 2019.
ICAN thanks and recognizes the following Advisory Council members who completed their three-year term this spring:
- Dave Ball - Hawkeye Community College (Waterloo)
- Michele Dunne - Grand View University (Des Moines)
- Brad Huntington - North Iowa High School (Buffalo Center)
- Chad Olson - Iowa State University (Ames)
- Theresa Putnam-Genz - Louisa-Muscatine Jr-Sr High School (Letts)